emacsweblogs

[Emacsweblogs] Re: A little flaw in weblogger

From: biAji
Subject: [Emacsweblogs] Re: A little flaw in weblogger
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:52:02 +0800

2010/3/11 Mark A. Hershberger <address@hidden>:
> (Ccing emacsweblogs)
>
> "address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When I fetch a entry, edit it, and publish it.  I got an error of date
>> format.  I believe it because I'm a chinese and the data fetched from my
>> blog contains a different format other than DD-MM-YYYY, but "2010年03月10日
>> 11:11",  Will it be fixed?  Or just ignore the format check?
>
> The fault here is with Emacs or (on older Emacs) xml-rpc.el.
>
> I'm sure you're aware that Emacs does not have good localization (l10n) and
> internationalization (i18n) support.  xml-rpc.el uses an Emacs function
> to parse the date string.
>
> Currently timezone-parse-date (the function at fault here) understands
> the following formats:
>
>  (1) 14 Apr 89 03:20[:12] [GMT]
>  (2) Fri, 17 Mar 89 4:01[:33] [GMT]
>  (3) Mon Jan 16 16:12[:37] [GMT] 1989
>  (4) 6 May 1992 1641-JST (Wednesday)
>  (5) 22-AUG-1993 10:59:12.82
>  (6) Thu, 11 Apr 16:17:12 91 [MET]
>  (7) Mon, 6  Jul 16:47:20 T 1992 [MET]
>  (8) 1996-06-24 21:13:12 [GMT]
>  (9) 1996-06-24 21:13-ZONE
>  (10) 19960624T211312
>
> It looks like it wouldn't be too hard to add support for the format.
> But I need better documentation for it.  Do you know the name of the
> date format or where the format is described? What software does your
> weblog use?  If you don't know, maybe you can give me the URL?

Oh, my.  I forgot to check the xml-rpc.el. My weblog using wordpress
and the url is http://www.biaji.net/wp/

I don't know why, emacs parse the date to this "Date: 10  3月 2010
19:11:47 +0800" and the date I see in webpage is "2010年03月10日 11:11"

What should I do to help next?

And, thanks for your quick reply!  Wish you a nice day!