emacsweblogs

Re: [Emacsweblogs] Added Wordpress tags and excerpt to weblogger 1.4.4

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: Re: [Emacsweblogs] Added Wordpress tags and excerpt to weblogger 1.4.4
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:06:18 -0400

Aaron Hammitt <address@hidden> writes:

> I am new to this list and new to weblogger.el. I've used Emacs for a while
> but am just learning elisp. Anyway, I was a little annoyed by the lack
> of support for tags and excerpts.

Thanks for the input!

> I now see that you have put out a new version, and are using "Summary" for
> tags and "Keywords" for categories (and nothing for excerpts). I'm debating
> whether to stick with my patched version or try to stick with the developed
> version. What am I missing by sticking with 1.4.4?

Well, I'm planning to do more work on it, so you'll have to continuously
merge your changes into it.

When it comes to these particular fields, different weblogging engines
operate slightly differently.

I've been planning for some time to rationalize the behavior across
engines on the client.  Now that interest has “spiked” (compared to any
other time in the past few years), it is probably time to start on the
project.

> Also, when using C-c C-n or C-c C-p to go through my messages, it seemed to
> "unpublish" them by turning them into drafts. Is there a way around this, or
> am I doing something wrong?

That's a bug.  Could you report it here:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=emacsweblogs

Thanks,

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

because of those who look on and do nothing.
                                            — Albert Einstein