emacsweblogs

[Emacsweblogs] Wordpress and timezone differences

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: [Emacsweblogs] Wordpress and timezone differences
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:17:55 -0400

Tonight, I finally had a chance to look at the timezone problems
people are having with WordPress and weblogger-el.

I was able to confirm that if you set your WP installation to your
timezone, you have to then offset your weblogger-el posts by the same
amount in the opposite direction.

That is, since I'm in GMT-4 and I set my timezone in WP to GMT-4, I had
to set the timezone in my weblogger-el post to be GMT+4.

Why?

>From a little googling (e.g http://www.makeyougohmm.com/20070125/4178/)
I found that other people are having similar problems with WP and
timezones.  It looks like WP isn't really treating time properly.

I think I'll be adding a customization so that you can tell weblogger-el
to the appropriate timezone for your blog.  It looks like this is what
has to happen to work around a WP bug.

I could be wrong in how I understand this problem, though, so I'm
interested in your feedback.

Thanks,

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Embrace Ignorance.  Just don't get too attached.