emacsweblogs

Re: [Emacsweblogs] Wordpress and timezone differences

From: Michael Stutz
Subject: Re: [Emacsweblogs] Wordpress and timezone differences
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:08:08 -0400

Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

> That is, since I'm in GMT-4 and I set my timezone in WP to GMT-4, I had
> to set the timezone in my weblogger-el post to be GMT+4.

I found the only way for it to work (in GMT-4) is to keep the time on
the Date: line as it is, but change the -0400 to -0800. Changing it to
+0400 (or just 0400) doesn't work---omitting the minus as someone
reported doing earlier will make the post 12 hours behind.

But if using -0800, the post has the correct date and time in WP.

However, and this is a big caveat, it adds a new problem: the post is
never actually published. If I send a post with -0800 WP sets it as a
"scheduled" post, as if it's a post being made for some time in the
future, even though it comes in at the current time (or a little in the
past, more likely, considering the timestamp is made when you open the
weblogger buffer and it takes time to write the entry). As a result, the
post is never published unless you go into the WP Dashboard and manually
publish it.