Re: [emms-help] Re: patch to emms.texinfo

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: patch to emms.texinfo
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:31:22 +0300

On 7/5/05, Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Yoni,
>
> The patch looks good.  I've got just a few minor suggestions.
>
> >  EMMS is the Emacs Multi-Media System.
>
> I prefer ``Emacs Multimedia System''.  Nobody writes ``multi-media''.

I'll leave that for the time being. The EMMS site has the same
writing. As long as people understand what we are talking about I
don't really mind.

> > -EMMS is easy to customize by using [...]
> > +EMMS is easy to customise by using [...]
>
> It's also easy to customise by using Customize. :-)

Hmm, so it is. I never use Customize so it slipped my mind. Fixed.

> >  For the most basic needs, you will just need the following line:
> >
> >    [...]
> >
> >  Which installs the core of EMMS.
>
> These broken sentences are a pet peeve of mine.  Do this instead:
>
>    For the most basic needs, you will just need the following line,

>    which installs the core of EMMS.

OK

> > +The directories you gave to `emms-setup' are used by the
> > +`emms-play-all' function, in case you are wondering.
>
> I think you should always write ``the function foo''
> instead of ``the foo fuction''.  Right?

OK

> > -You'll ofcourse need to also have a player if you want to actually
> > +You'll of-course need to also have a player if you want to actually
>
> How about this:
>
>    Of course, you'll also need a player if you want to actually

OK

> > -You'll ofcourse need to also have a player if you want to actually
> > +You'll of-course need to also have a player if you want to actually
>
> See above comment.

OK

[snip]

Thank you for all your comments. I have installed the changes.

        Regards, Yoni Rabkin Katzenell