[emms-help] Re: Error: "Don't know how to play track"

From: Jens Juul Christensen
Subject: [emms-help] Re: Error: "Don't know how to play track"
Date: 24 Dec 2005 15:22:19 +0100

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> Jens Juul Christensen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > With this sample minimal output and debug on error switched on i get
> > this output:
>
> <snip>
>
> > I get this "Dont know how to play..." error no matter which version or
> > setup in my .emacs I use.
>
> You *do* have mplayer or mpg321 installed correctly on your system,
> (since EMMS itself doesn't know how to play the mp3s at all.), right?  I
> begin to doubt this.. If no, what kind of players exist on your system?

Yes I have mpg321(and mpg123), ogg123 and mplayer running on my system without
any problems.
Usually I use them from commandline or with Cplay.

But its like EMMS is looking for some system information somewhere it
cant find. That I have the excact same error with so many versions of EMMS
and types of configurations makes my guess that EMMS has some system
dependency which is not fulfilled on my system.

By the way, I have mpg123.el running in my Emacs. But it dosnt support
all I need ex streams.

Thanks

Jens