[emms-help] Re: emms + last.fm?

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [emms-help] Re: emms + last.fm?
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:16:09 +0200

Hi Magnus,

> Can emms send information to last.fm somehow?  I can't find any such
> module; I'm slightly tempted to write one myself, but I'd like to hear
> if something like this has been done already before starting.

I don't use really use Last.fm myself, but I wanted to try
it once and so I wrote this little Emacs frontend:

Then I began to put together integration with Bongo, but I
didn't get very far.  Here is the code, for what it's worth.
You have to manually invoke `bongo-lastfm-submit-current' to
submit the track that Bongo is currently playing.

(The finished implementation would do that automatically.)

I hope this helps.  Hopefully, lastfm-submit.el is a start
if you want to implement EMMS support.  Good luck!

By the way, thanks for all your hard work on Emacs Jabber.
I have a bunch of old patches for it laying around, mostly
to brush up and expand the docstrings.  I should sort them
and merge them into the current tree sometime.  (Feel free
to nag me if you like the sound of that.)

Best regards,

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>