[emms-help] shedding light on an old problem...

From: Johannes Rauh
Subject: [emms-help] shedding light on an old problem...
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:51:29 +0000

Hello, I just had a similar problem as the one mentioned in: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01209.html from march this year. Fortunately the remark about the cache helped me. I wanted to play a bunch of .ogg-files. Strangely I could only open some of the files. Other files appeared with the tag "playlist: " in my playlist window, no matter how I opened them, and EMMS was not able to play them. Disabling the EMMS-cache helped. Apparently the first time I opened some of these files I used a command emms-add-playlist-something , and then the cache now remembers that these files are all playlists. Even if I open them with emms-add-file, they will appear as playlists and will not be playable as long as the cache is activated. There is another "bug" connected to this: If I use the command emms-add-playlist-directory-tree, this will add all my music files to the current playlist, but marked them as playlist, so I could not play them. What is funny: When I tried this it ignored the only real .m3u-playlist that was in the directory. In my opinion the commands emms-add-playlist-something should check whether a file really is a playlist before tagging something as a playlist, at least if the command browses a directory. Greetings, Johannes

Make the most of what you can do on your PC and the Web, just the way you want. Windows Live