Re: [emms-help] Re: VideoLAN support in Emms

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: VideoLAN support in Emms
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 18:58:43 +0300

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2008-09-30 21:50 +0100, Yoni Rabkin wrote:
>> Today someone on #emacs asked about vlc support in Emms. I've been
>> meaning to add it for some time now, and the request provided enough
>> encouragement to spend this evening putting it together. vlc is a good
>> player for Emms to support in my opinion.
>
> VLC is very popular in all platforms however it does take longer than
> mplayer to start up.
>
> Best,

I've push out two extra patches for emms-player-vlc.el today (playlists
and relative seeking).

I'll be using emms-player-vlc.el now for Emms (because I like vlc better
than mplayer, and too see if it is buggy).

I had noticed that it takes longer to start, but it doesn't bother
me. There is a way around the delay, but it means breaking the way Emms
normally interfaces with local players.