Re: [emms-help] emms-mark-mode and emms-smart-browse

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-mark-mode and emms-smart-browse
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:17:23 +0200

Tom Rauchenwald <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> what is the preferred way to use emms-mark-mode as default playlist
> mode?
>
> (setq emms-playlist-default-major-mode 'emms-mark-mode)
>
> results in a message "emms-playlist-first: No first track", and the
> browser does not show up. Can anyone reproduce this?

I don't use mark mode or the browser, but by looking at the code I think
that emms-mark-mode isn't designed to work with the browser at all, but
with emms-playlist-mode. The code for mark-mode (requires ...)
emms-playlist-mode, but not the browser, which I guess is another
hint. If I try to start mark-mode from inside the browser interactively
with M-x emms-mark-mode, I get the same error.

Can someone who uses mark mode confirm this? If so, we'll add a message
to mark-mode which will tell users trying to run it on the browser that
it doesn't work.