[emms-help] Re: how to use mpg123 with emms?

From: William Xu
Subject: [emms-help] Re: how to use mpg123 with emms?
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 23:43:37 +0800

> I wonder if this is related to another quirk. Basically when I do the
> following:
>
> (setq emms-source-file-directory-tree-function
>       'emms-source-file-directory-tree-find)))
>
> emms fails to play any track. I traced down to where it execute the
> 'find' command, and it returned nothing. Maybe the bsd find is different
> from *nix.

Yes, they are different.  That's why GNU find is mentioned in the docs
of emms-source-file-directory-tree-function:

,----[ C-h v emms-source-file-directory-tree-function RET ]
| emms-source-file-directory-tree-function is a variable defined in
`emms-source-file.el'.
| Its value is
| emms-source-file-directory-tree-internal
|
| Documentation:
| *A function to call that searches in a given directory all files
| that match a given regex. DIR and REGEX are the only arguments passed
| to this function.
| You have two build-in options:
| `emms-source-file-directory-tree-internal' will work always, but might
| be slow.
| `emms-source-file-directory-tree-find' will work only if you have GNU
| find, but it's faster.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| [back]
`----

You may try with emms-source-file-directory-tree-internal.

But it this is the cause, you should also not be able to play
non-chinese songs..

--
William

http://xwl.appspot.com