[emms-help] Can EMMS read aac / m4a tags?

From: David Jennings
Subject: [emms-help] Can EMMS read aac / m4a tags?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:24:13 +0100

Hello all,

I've got a fair-sized music library that's been ripped in iTunes in AAC
format. EMMS can play the tracks fine but apparently can't read the tags
(for the few mp3 track that I have it reads the tags fine).

I realise that the AAC tag format is proprietary but there seems to be
some other tools that can read and write it, easytag-aac being one.

Is there a way to allow EMMS to be able to read these tags?

Thanks,

David.