Re: [emms-help] flac help

From: Paul Michael Reilly
Subject: Re: [emms-help] flac help
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:58:12 -0500

On 12/14/2009 05:34 PM, Yoni Rabkin wrote:
Paul Michael Reilly<address@hidden>  writes:

which I take to mean that the files are not being "grokked" by emms to
the extent that the lines are not being converted to a nice format.

The variable `emms-info-functions' defines which functions run to get
the track info. Emms calls command line tools to get track information.
You can check to see what your `emms-info-functions' contains and if you
have mp3info installed on your system.

You can also opt for using `emms-info-libtag' as your sole provider of
track info. See the comments in the header of lisp/emms-info-libtag.el
for more details.

Excellent. After installing mp3info and mpg321 emms is providing joy. Does emms cache the file name to track info associations? With thousands and thousands of tracks I'd rather that emms not recompute all this data each time I startup my emms Emacs instance. Also, how can I best discern the functions (and external programs) that emms wants/needs to support flac format. Maybe I should read the info page and come back ... good idea.

Thanks,

-pmr