Re: [emms-help] Emms and mpd

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Emms and mpd
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:34:31 +0100

AvataR <address@hidden> writes:
>> I made several changes to emms-player-mpd.el, which should now hopefully
>> correctly deal with tracks in the playlist not handled by mpd.
>
> Thanks for work! Looks good.
>
> There is some undesirable behavior: when you add some films to playlist,
> then play something from MPD db, playlist syncs to MPD one, and
> unsupported files go out. Is there any way to fix it, without removing
> mpd sync? :]

Do you mean when syncing *from* mpd, e.g., calling
emms-player-mpd-connect?

I've never used this function, but indeed, the playlist is completely
cleared when using this. I've made a change so that tracks which are not
handled by mpd are kept (it's configurable through the new variable
`emms-player-mpd-keep-other-tracks', which is non-nil by
default). However, it's not possible to keep the original order; the
tracks not handled by mpd will just move to the top of the playlist.

You can pull this change from my repo.

-David