Re: [emms-help] emms mpd kills key echo

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms mpd kills key echo
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 01:01:25 +0200

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <address@hidden> writes:
> i'm using the latest git source and, for a long time, i've been
> experimenting a minor annoyance while using emms with mpd. once i load a
> playlist and start operating with emms in any way, emacs' keystroke echo
> (you know, that nice emacs ability to show you in the echo area
> partially typed key chords when you pause long enough) stops working. i
> disable all mode-line notifications with
>   (emms-mode-line -1)
>   (emms-playing-time 1)
>   (emms-playing-time-disable-display)
> in case that matters (but i think that leaving them on doesn't help).
>
> Is anyone else experimenting this problem?

Indeed. This happens because emms-player-mpd is polling mpd every
second. Looks like a bug in tq.el or even in Emacs core. I've filed a
bug report.

Setting `emms-player-mpd-check-interval' to a higher number like 5
seconds might make this more bearable. Of course, this will lead to EMMS
noticing song changes later.

Regards,
David