[emms-help] Editing track tags with mid3v2

From: JJ
Subject: [emms-help] Editing track tags with mid3v2
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 00:45:06 +0400 (MSD)

Hi all:

I'd like to edit track tags of files in my music collection. I'm trying to
do this with mid3v2 instead of mp3info, as mp3info only uses ID3 v1 and is
not unicode friendly it seems.

Anyhow, I've set:

(setq emms-tag-editor-tagfile-functions
  '(("mp3" "mid3v2"
     ((info-artist      . "a")
      (info-title       . "t")
      (info-album       . "A")
      (info-tracknumber . "T")
      (info-year        . "y")
      (info-genre       . "g")
      (info-note        . "c")))
    ("ogg" . emms-tag-editor-tag-ogg)
    ("flac" . emms-tag-editor-tag-flac)))

However, the ID3 tag of the file is not edited. Upon hitting C-c C-c in
the tag edit buffer, the EMMS tag is updated, however `mid3v2 FILE` in a
terminal shows the ID3 tags have been left untouched.

What's the problem?
--
JJ