Re: [emms-help] Feature request

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Feature request
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 12:49:09 -0500

"Ivan Truskov <address@hidden>" <address@hidden> writes:

> Good evening!
> I want to submit a feature request for Emms.
>
> Feature overview: show full information (title, album, artist, length)
> in pretty form for currently selected (or playing) song. Should probably
> be displayed in separate buffer that would close quickly easily.
>
> Rationale: one cannot remember all about all songs in his collection, so
> looking up might be useful
>
> Current state of affairs: one CAN get that info by invoking E (edit
> tags). However, this nets editable buffer that has to be killed (many
> keystrokes!) when curiosity is satisfied. I posit that it is not
> sufficient

I just implemented the emms-show-all feature and pushed it out to the
git repo (git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emms.git)

When a track is playing you can pop-up the information with: M-x
emms-show-all

In the emms-show-all buffer, "q" will make it go away, and "E" will
start editing the track information.

Ivan, I mentioned your name in the file emms-show-all.el as the person
who though of this idea. If you don't want that just tell me and I'll
remove it.

Once it looks stable I'll add it to NEWS and the manual.