[emms-help] removing `assert' from emms-browser.el, and adding to the ma

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: [emms-help] removing `assert' from emms-browser.el, and adding to the manual
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 11:59:00 -0500

I would be happier if Emms didn't call 'cl at all. After all, it is
written in Emacs Lisp, not Common Lisp*. We aren't there yet, but there
are some low-hanging fruit: If the two uses of `assert' can be removed
from emms-browser.el then it will be possible to remove that feature's
requirement of 'cl. Judging on the use of `assert' in these cases it
should be trivial to do.

Also, the header of emms-browser.el seems to have a lot of
documentation. Is all of that documentation in the manual? If not, can
someone who uses the browser add it?

If possible, I'd like these two issues to be solved by the next release.

* I like Common Lisp just fine, in fact I spend 6 years writing it for a
  living, but Emms isn't a CL project.