Re: [emms-help] info-year and info-date

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: [emms-help] info-year and info-date
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 09:32:52 +0100

I've commited the change to master. Let me know if that works for you.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Rasmus Pank Roulund <address@hidden> wrote:
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:
>> Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this.
>
> What about
>
>     ("y" . ,(or (emms-track-get 'info-year) (emms-GET-YEAR-FROM-DATE (emms-track-get track 'info-date)))
>
> Where the upcase function might have to be implemented, although I got
> one on this mailing list recently.

Yeah, I think that is a good way, although I would fall back on info-year
and prefer info-date, if present (it is presumably more detailed).  The
order could also be custom preference.

In any case, it might be preferable to move this to a separate function
‘emms-get-year’, say, and call that.  It might look cleaner.

Thank Pierre and Yoni!

Rasmus

--
You people at the NSA are becoming my new best friends!