Re: [emms-help] Some browser shortcomings and inconsistencies

From: Carlos Pita
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Some browser shortcomings and inconsistencies
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 14:48:12 -0300

The playlist is an Emacs buffer based data structure, that the user of
Emms can modify as a normal Emacs buffer. It should be primarily textual

That said, I have no problem with people adding a separate mode which,
when loaded, dresses up a playlist buffer to look as fancy as you
please. It is just that code doesn't belong in emms-playlist-mode.el.

I think this is more attuned with my initial proposal of achieving consistency by diminishing the browser (in its abuse of the playlist flat structure) instead of augmenting the playlist. I certainly favour that approach.

Best regards
--
Carlos