[emms-help] ‘emms-volume-mixerctl.el’ required patch and ‘emms-volume.el

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: [emms-help] ‘emms-volume-mixerctl.el’ required patch and ‘emms-volume.el’ mixer auto-detection
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 23:51:08 -0300

Greetings Yoni,

Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:

>> Please, let me know if you need anything else on my part.
>
> Yes, there is a bit more I would like to ask:
>
> Since emms-volume.el requires emms-volume-amixer, should it not also
> require emms-volume-mixerctl and emms-volume-pulse? It would be good to
> sort that out. It would be good to have a patch which does that. [...]
>
> I would also like to ask for a patch that updates the manual as to
> emms-volume-mixerctl (right where ...-amixer is mentioned), a patch
> which adds your name and email to the AUTHORS file, and a patch to the
> NEWS file.

These are implemented in [1].

> You can send these patches to the emms-help mailing list (where we
> should continue any technical discussion).

I chose to do this for the sake of broader peer review.

> But I can also add you to the Emms developers group on Savannah so
> that you can simply push changes to the git repo; whichever suits you.

I’d be honored to have this power, though. :)

I also seized the opportunity to implement[2] a simple volume mixer
auto-detection for the initial definition of
‘emms-volume-change-function’.  Please, let me know what you think.

Footnotes:
[1] 0001-Make-changes-required-by-the-inclusion-of-lisp-emms-.patch
[2] 0002-Implement-mixer-auto-detection.patch

 88888  FFFFF Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
 8   8  F     http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/
 88888  FFFF  mailto:address@hidden
 8   8  F     irc://chat.freenode.org/oitofelix
 88888  F     xmpp://address@hidden