Re: Using beets.io search results as emms playlist

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: Using beets.io search results as emms playlist
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2019 12:57:41 -0500

I don't use mpd at all, but for the sake of testing your report I
installed it on a machine (named "workroom") within my network. I used
all of the default settings as far as mpd is concerned, with the
exception of setting the music directory in mpd.conf.

Then on a remote machine running Emms I had the following:

    (setq emms-player-mpd-server-name "workroom.local"
          emms-player-mpd-server-port "6600"
          emms-player-mpd-music-directory "/home/workroom/Music")
    (add-to-list 'emms-info-functions 'emms-info-mpd)
    (add-to-list 'emms-player-list 'emms-player-mpd)

This was sufficient to then do a `emms-player-mpd-connect' and then to
control the remote mpd instance. So as far as I can tell mpd work with
Emms. Which errors are you getting; at which point does the above break
down?