Re: dmenu filtering by genre

From: Aleksas Tunikas
Subject: Re: dmenu filtering by genre
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:53:50 +0300

#!/bin/bash

# Define the directory to search for media files
MEDIA_DIR="/storage/Audio/"

# Use dmenu to display a list of directories containing media files
DIR=$(find $MEDIA_DIR -type d -iname "*" | dmenu -nb '#2e3440' -nf '#d8dee9' -i -l 20 -p "Choose a directory:")

# Check if the user pressed Escape
if [ -z "$DIR" ]; then
    exit 0
fi

# Use EMMS to play all media files in the chosen directory
emacsclient -e "(progn (require 'emms-setup) (emms-all) (emms-play-directory \"$DIR\") (message \"Now playing: %s\" \"$DIR\"))"

On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 3:48 PM Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> wrote:
Aleksas Tunikas <mail@aleksas.ru> writes:

> friends, i have a great success integrating into my modest environment
> with dmenu as app launcher (script here http://ix.io/4C9N) i understand
> that browser function (which i not fully understand yet) will be able to
> playback depending by the genre and i am looking forward to make another
> version of the script that will let me do that. i hope everybody have a lot
> of fun with this software, i myself has been using it forewer, or
> something which feels like that, maybe three-four-five years,
> exclusively as my main media center. guess this message already too
> explicit, we should thank my coffee machine for that. everyone, have a
> great Friday! God bless.

Instead of a link, can you please attach the script to the mail message?