Turning off evil.

From: Erica
Subject: Turning off evil.
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 22:56:58 -0500

I've been debugging this today.

I cannot get evil to turn off for emms.
Except Playlists.

I've found that for browser mode buffers,
The major mode is still fundamental at the time
Evil is setting the state for the buffer based on mode. If I were to give evil buffer names instead that might work for some.

Playlists, metalists and everything else look like they should.

I'm not exactly sure why, adding kill-local-variables and restructuring the browser mode fn to more closely resemble the Playlist mode fn fixed the problem.

That was a lot of debugging to still not know why.

Erica