Re: URL link

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: URL link
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 14:30:52 -0500

Aleksas Tunikas <mail@aleksas.ru> writes:

> Hello, if you listen to a remote stream anyway to tell the program to
> not buffer it for long time, e.g. when I pause and unpause I don't
> want to hear too long off the stream but as if I stopped it and
> started. If it doesn't make any sense - I'm sorry.

That's in the control of whatever player backend you are using.

For instance, with mpv, you would play with parameters such as
"--stream-buffer-size". I would recommend getting it to work on the
command line with whichever player backend you are using, then adding
that to the player in Emms. Continuing with the mpv example, it might
look like:

    (add-to-list 'emms-player-mpv-parameters "--stream-buffer-size=4096")