update dynamic metadata for a flac playlists encoded as flac in ogg cont

From: Aleksas Tunikas
Subject: update dynamic metadata for a flac playlists encoded as flac in ogg container
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 16:05:15 +0300

I was in the correspondence with amazing emms-mpv package to find out
why wouldn't the metadata (while it is parsed alright outside of emms
systems e.g. by playing directly in mpv) couldn't be updated in a
playlist file and here's what I found:

1. by testing on emms-streaming package it was obvious that metadata did
indeed work as expected, and by the song change the title is changing
indeed
2. which lead me to try my liquidsoap instance to encode in non lossless
format and both normal what one can call 'native' ogg and as well as
mpeg3 is displaying metadata changes just fine
3. the problem i still scratch my head is what is that emms system and
particularly emms-mpv not able to parse, as the metadata changes for a
lossless container still displays in other apps that take data directly
from mpv instance (e.g. pavucontrol)

This leads me to the following conclusion that it might be the headers
that encoded in the ogg container while it is streaming flac that
emms-mpv is not understand, and being a DJ and not a professional Dev
(no disrespect to that) I was unable during quick browsing of the code
figure out where the problem might lie. Therefore I am writing the
message here so maybe Yoni or the package author who I hope don't mind
me tagging him along as he wanted me to tell him the results of enquiry,
will be able to decode.

As always, hope everybody have a wonderful day, that is the most
important part. If you want to test a lossless container you can just go
to a website in my signature and inspect html code the url which ends at
liq.ogg is what you need in case it is a bit difficult to reproduce this
problem at home. Bye.
--
Aleksas Tunikas
http://www.schopenhauer.fm