Problem solved, I had messed up import

From: Titus Müller
Subject: Problem solved, I had messed up import
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 18:34:10 +0100

You also have a very long title, in my music collection, EMMS cut all titles
short to exactly 30 characters until this afternoon (as well in the tag editor,
shown as info-title, as well as in the playlists), and Umlaut ä was shown as
Slash 344, Umlaut ö as Slash 366, Umlaut ü as Slash 374.

I tried a little and read again in your very good EMMS manual. Then I found the
reason. I thought it must have to do with data import, so I double-checked that
and found out I was missing the line

(require 'emms-info-mp3info)

Also, I changed my line

(setq emms-info-functions '(emms-info-native emms-info-mp3info))

to what you have in the manual

(add-to-list 'emms-info-functions 'emms-info-mp3info)

To see wether the files are imported better now, I needed to empty the
database. And I couldn't find a command to do so (emms-cache-reset did
something else), so I went into the emms-directory and deleted the file with a
strange name. Now the database was gone, and I could import the music files
anew, and there they are: all Umlaut letters correct, the titles long and not
cut anymore.

So my "bugs" where just caused by stupidity on my side, I think.

I'm embarrassed. I'm very sorry I stole your time.

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht vom 18.12.2023 -----