emonkey-users

[Emonkey-users] tale pleased

From: Gwendolyn Noble
Subject: [Emonkey-users] tale pleased
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:47:26 +0300

It showed a cumulative surplus of more than five trillion dollars.
His leadership, with John McCain, of the bipartisan effort to put to rest the toxic debate over Vietnam-era P.
Opium production has increased fortyfold.
The first two of these assumptions have been shown to be entirely baseless. Our experience with them is long.
While Bush has pandered relentlessly to the narrowest urges of his base, Kerry has sought to appeal broadly to the American center.
The Senate has confirmed two hundred and one of his judicial nominees, more than the per-term averages for Presidents Clinton, Reagan, and Bush senior.
He boasts that he listens to no outside advisers, and inside advisers who dare to express unwelcome views are met with anger or disdain.
The failed armed intervention in Somalia and the successful ones in the Balkans are other examples.
Jobs, health care, education, and the rest may not count for much when weighed against the prospect of large-scale terrorist attack. Opium production has increased fortyfold. That military operation was indeed a success. But this election is anything but ordinary.
Then came the blackest Tuesday of all.
His leadership, with John McCain, of the bipartisan effort to put to rest the toxic debate over Vietnam-era P.
As for the second two, if the wishes behind them do someday come true, it may not be clear that the invasion of Iraq was a help rather than a hindrance.
The arrests have continued, but eventually the Administration simply stopped saying how many people were and are being held.
We prefer to ask which candidate is better suited to the governance of our nation. However, nobody in Washington expects them to go away on schedule; they were designated as temporary only to make their ultimate results look less scary.
There is surely idealistic purpose in envisioning a Middle East finally relieved of its autocracies and dictatorships. Since it is official policy not to deport terrorism suspects, it is unclear what legitimate anti-terror purpose these secret hearings serve.
That insistence is a measure of his character. This extraordinary outpouring provided Bush with a second opportunity to create something like a government of national unity.
The toll of Iraqi dead and wounded is of an order of magnitude greater than the American.
Before this war, we had persuaded ourselves and the world that our military might was effectively infinite.
Again, he brushed the opportunity aside, choosing to use the political capital handed to him by Osama bin Laden to push through more elements of his unmandated domestic program.
Our experience with them is long.
While Bush has pandered relentlessly to the narrowest urges of his base, Kerry has sought to appeal broadly to the American center. The first two of these assumptions have been shown to be entirely baseless. Wade is two justices removed from reversal.
But for tax cuts to stimulate economic activity quickly and efficiently they should go to people who will spend the extra money. In that state, George W. Again, he brushed the opportunity aside, choosing to use the political capital handed to him by Osama bin Laden to push through more elements of his unmandated domestic program. There is surely idealistic purpose in envisioning a Middle East finally relieved of its autocracies and dictatorships.
Opium production has increased fortyfold. This extraordinary outpouring provided Bush with a second opportunity to create something like a government of national unity. Is it any wonder that the anger felt by many Democrats is even greater than can be explained by the profound differences in outlook between the two candidates and their parties? Our experience with them is long. Our experience with them is long.
Within a few days, to the universal relief of his fellow-citizens, he seemed to find his focus.