epsilon-devel

[epsilon-devel] GNU epsilon status update

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: [epsilon-devel] GNU epsilon status update
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 00:34:33 +0100

It's been some time since my last heads-up here.  Hello everybody.

I'm writing this on my laptop in a Paris café, on a rainy evening after
work, to be posted later.  Some good wine [1], a quiet and relaxed
atmosphere, Alfred to chat and hack with.  A cigar.  This is my setting
for most epsilon hacking these days.  I'm enjoying it, and I think the
pleasure of hacking in a friendly environment more than outweighs the
occasional distraction.

A few weeks ago I also met Jérémie, who had asked to speak with me about
epsilon during his short stay in Paris.  I was once more pleasantly
surprised that he remembered many details of my thesis.

Speaking of epsilon, there are two important changes.  The first one is
good, and not too surprising: even if it took longer than I'd have liked
the s-expression extensible frontend in epsilon1 is now usable and
already on master; the thing has been working well for some time.  The
second update is not so nice: I convinced myself that my bootstrapping
strategy has to be refined a little more before I can finally remove
Guile support -- and then release; I think you'll agree on this when you
see my points in detail.  Each of the two changes deserves its own
message.

--
Luca Saiu
Home page:   http://ageinghacker.net

[1] All very beautiful, as long as you don't get swindled over the price.