epsilon-devel

Re: [epsilon-devel] jitter and libtextstyle

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [epsilon-devel] jitter and libtextstyle
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 02:10:47 +0200

Hello Bruno.

Sorry, I have read your message after replying to José.

On 2019-10-14 at 17:15 +0200, Bruno Haible wrote:

> A bit of background regarding why 'FILE *' is not a universal type
> for output streams:
  [...]
> This is why I had to create the 'ostream' type hierarchy. And this is why
> a more abstract type ('void *' in the simplest case) for denoting an output
> stream is needed.

I have no problem with any of this, and it seems to confirm my guesses
from the previous message.

I would still like to support output to FILE * as well, however.  It
should be enough in most cases, particularly for new projects just
experimenting with Jitter: anybody can use fprintf , and get a prototype
working without thinking about any detail.  I would like to avoid making
this common use case more difficult.

Thanks,

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".