epsilon-devel

[JITTER] PIC code in sub-package mode

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: [JITTER] PIC code in sub-package mode
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 09:20:03 +0200

Hi people!

In poke we use jitter in sub-package mode.  I am preparing a set of
patches that makes poke to build a shared library libpoke.so and an
executable `poke', that links to the shared library.

Our problem now is that the jitter sub-package mode provides an archive
libjitter-VARIANT.a that contains objects built as non-PIC.  This is
what is placed in $(JITTER_LDADD).

We would need for jitter to also provide a $(JITTER_LIBADD) expanding to
a convenience library providing objects built as PIC, that we can
include in libpoke_la_LIBADD.

Thanks!