epsilon-devel

Re: build fails on MacOS/MachO: not ELF or COFF

From: Niobos
Subject: Re: build fails on MacOS/MachO: not ELF or COFF
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 06:10:30 +0000

Hi Luca,

On 11/05/2020 22:46, Luca Saiu wrote:
> [...]
> These tarballs can be useful and are quite convenient to copy around.  I
> should add some script to make them easy to generate.

I did not perceive "please make a tarball of this" as being complicated.
So at least from my point of view, there is no need to make this easier.

>> I removed the jitter directory and re-cloned it before checking out the
>> niobos-branch. Or at least, I thought I did. I wanted to double-check
>> that, and can't reproduce my earlier results... This makes me doubt my
>> sanity, since I *did* reproduce this before my previous mail in order to
>> log the output with `tee`...
>
> Okay, it is easy to make some mistake.  Let us ignore the first run
> problem, unless it happens again.

Agreed. I will keep hoping that I won't lose my sanity again ;-)

> I would like to fix the test suite problem, with your help, but the
> current information is already be enough to make me relatively confident
> that you can go on and build Poke now.  Jitter's test suite is not used
> in sub-package mode.
>
> I am committing the change to Jitter's master, and bumping Jitter's
> required version on Poke.

I've re-build Poke (459cc34f, using jitter 7f67aa43):
The good news is that jitter builds, but libpoke now fails. I'll follow
up an this on #poke (and probably on poke-devel).

I am genuinely impressed by how fast you solved this issue. Your
enthusiasm is heart-warming!

thank you again!
Niobos