epsilon-devel

Re: [Jitter v0.9.242, patch] Incompatible changes in .jitter syntax: pok

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [Jitter v0.9.242, patch] Incompatible changes in .jitter syntax: poke patch
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 17:48:05 +0100

I pushed a slightly different change by mistake; I was using poke to
test another change in Jitter.

The register class r looks like this now:

register-class r
  c-type "pvm_val"
  fast-register-no 1
  no-slow-registers
end

You told me a few days ago that you were "not using registers".  Are you
using them a little, in non-critical contexts, or not at all?

Anyway the current code is almost certainly not what you want in either
case.  I should enable slow registers in order to be able to execute
pushr with any argument, but if you really do not depend on it being
fast then
  fast-register-no 0
will make the code smaller.  Even if PVM instructions are very few in
number anyway, which will be a good thing later with stack
optimisations.

For the time being I am going ahead and setting fast-register-no to zero
and enabling slow registers.  Sorry for the noise.

This is the new register class:

register-class r
  c-type "pvm_val"
  fast-register-no 0
  slow-registers
end

Pushed.

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".