epsilon-devel

Poke pre-release, bugs and outstanding changes in Jitter

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Poke pre-release, bugs and outstanding changes in Jitter
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 23:56:03 +0100

Hello.

José: congratulations on Poke's pre-release.

As some of you may know this is not the ideal time for me to commit big
Jitter changes, with important changes going on in my life right now;
but you are right, at some point we need to release.

My most recent Jitter work was on the defects-2021-scratch branch, where
I essentially fixed minimal-threading and no-threading; what remains to
do is mostly cosmetic.  Along with these important fixes the branch
contains a respectable number of minor changes that probably nobody
other than me has ever tested.

I have now cherry-picked every commit from defects-2021-scratch to
master, *except* for the part that enables no-threading and
minimal-threading, plus what remains to be cleaned up.  The changes
following your problem reports will come on top of this.

I still have to check a few of the problems reported by Bruno.

Ideally I would like to have no-threading ready in time for the first
Poke stable release; if not, I guess we can wait for the second.

I would be taking the liberty of updating poke's Jitter submodule to the
new tag v0.9.254 ; as I have said already this does *not* include every
fix, but might be already useful for more tests.
-- I would; however there are some poke test suite failures :

FAIL: poke.map/maps-structs-anonfield-1.pk execution test
FAIL: poke.map/maps-structs-anonfield-2.pk execution test
FAIL: poke.map/maps-structs-anonfield-3.pk execution test
FAIL: poke.pkl/scons-anon-field-1.pk execution test
FAIL: poke.pkl/scons-anon-field-3.pk execution test

# of expected passes            5039
# of unexpected failures        5
# of unsupported tests          7

For this reason I have only pushed the jitter submodule change to
lucasaiu/before-no-threading-failures .  If somebody feels like
investigating it, please let me know.  I have attached a compressed
version of the test suite file poke.log , in case this tells you
something.

The Jitter test suite shows no problems.

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".