epsilon-devel

Re: 'make distclean' deletes too many files

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: 'make distclean' deletes too many files
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 21:43:55 +0100

On 2021-02-20 at 03:08 +0100, Bruno Haible wrote:

>   [some poke file]
>   jitter/bin/jitter-config.1
>   jitter/example-vms/jitterlisp/jitterlispvm-vm.h
>   jitter/example-vms/jitterlisp/jitterlispvm-vm1.c
>   jitter/example-vms/jitterlisp/jitterlispvm-vm2.c
>   jitter/example-vms/uninspired/uninspired-vm-main.c
>   jitter/example-vms/uninspired/uninspired-vm.h
>   jitter/example-vms/uninspired/uninspired-vm1.c
>   jitter/example-vms/uninspired/uninspired-vm2.c
>   jitter/jitterc/jitter.1
>
> Here's a patch to fix the first among these. I leave the rest to Luca.

Agreed on the generated C files; thanks, fixed.

I did not do this for man pages, which I have good reason to distribute
despite being generated; they are impossible to regenerate on some
configurations (in practice cross configurations without usable
emulators, where help2man is not usable).  If I do not delete the files
at distclean I see distcheck fail.  Let us prevent this at least for
now; I may want to think of a cleaner solution later.

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".