epsilon-devel

Re: compilation error on Haiku

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: compilation error on Haiku
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 23:43:34 +0100

On 2021-03-07 at 21:33 +0100, Bruno Haible wrote:

> Hi Luca,
>
>> 32-bit Haiku does not, but it is based on GCC 2.95 which might be
>> difficult to support anyway.
>
> 32-bit Haiku ships with two compilers: 'gcc' (version 2.95.3) and
> 'gcc-x86' (version 5.4.0).
> The former is used to build the kernel
> and system libraries, for binary backward compatibility with BeOS.
> But for applications, you should use CC=gcc-x86.

In fact my gcc-x86 is 7.3.0; I may have installed some update breaking
compatibility with traditional BeOS at some point long ago, then
forgotten about it.

Tested with GCC 7.3.0 as provided by Haiku.  Everything works.

>> Someday I would like to try Jitter with GCC 3, if not 2.
>
> That would be a waste of time.

True, but so are many other things we enjoy.

Thanks,

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".