epsilon-devel

Jitter macros that can abort

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Jitter macros that can abort
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2022 23:41:23 +0100

Hi Luca.

There are several program-assembling related macros generated by Jitter
that will abort under some circumstances.  This is no good for a library
like libpoke.  Any chances to have these macros to set an error code
instead?

  /* XXX Jitter should provide error codes so we can return PVM_EINVAL
     and PVM_EINSN properly.  */
  pvm_routine_append_instruction_name (program->routine,
                                       insn_name);

  /* XXX Jitter should return an error code here so we can return
     PVM_EINVAL whenever appropriate.  */
  PVM_ROUTINE_APPEND_REGISTER_PARAMETER (program->routine, r, reg);

  /* XXX Jitter should return an error code here so we can return
     PVM_EINVAL whenever appropriate.  */
  pvm_routine_append_label_parameter (program->routine,
                                      program->labels[label]);

  /* XXX Jitter should return an error code here.  */
  jitter_routine_make_executable_if_needed (program->routine);

Thanks.