epsilon-devel

jitter fails to build on upcoming gcc-12: jitter-executor.h:774:14: erro

From: Sergei Trofimovich
Subject: jitter fails to build on upcoming gcc-12: jitter-executor.h:774:14: error: computed goto must be pointer type
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 22:00:19 +0000

Hi jitter developers!

I tried to build upcoming 'poke' prerelease on this weel's gcc snapshot
and found out it fails the build in jitter.

Here is jitter's build failure snippet against current 'master' branch:

    jitter.git $ ./bootstrap && ./configure && LANG=C make
    ./jitter/jitter-executor.h:774:14: error: computed goto must be
        pointer type
      774 |       goto * (target);                         \
          |              ^~~~~~~~

It will be a gcc-12-specific enhancement: https://gcc.gnu.org/PR32122

I got a bit lost in in jitter's macro definitions to say for sure if
it's a jitter bug or gcc bug of handling the computed goto expression
too strictly.

Can you help me find out which one is that?

Thank you!

--

  Sergei