epsilon-devel

Re: jitter fails to build on upcoming gcc-12: jitter-executor.h:774:14:

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: jitter fails to build on upcoming gcc-12: jitter-executor.h:774:14: error: computed goto must be pointer type
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:04:59 +0100

Hello Sergei.  Thank you very much for your report.

On 2022-01-24 at 22:00 +0000, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:

> Here is jitter's build failure snippet against current 'master' branch:
>
>     jitter.git $ ./bootstrap && ./configure && LANG=C make
>     ./jitter/jitter-executor.h:774:14: error: computed goto must be
>         pointer type
>       774 |       goto * (target);                         \
>           |              ^~~~~~~~
>
> It will be a gcc-12-specific enhancement: https://gcc.gnu.org/PR32122

I always intended for target to evaluate to a pointer type there, but
clearly that escaped me.  I could add a cast at line 774 but I would
like to actually know what happens in the caller.

> I got a bit lost in in jitter's macro definitions to say for sure if
> it's a jitter bug or gcc bug of handling the computed goto expression
> too strictly.

I am building a GCC 12 snapshot now.  Of course it is important to
support.

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".