epsilon-devel

Re: [poke 2.0] sourcery-arm-thumb2 issue

From: Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor
Subject: Re: [poke 2.0] sourcery-arm-thumb2 issue
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 14:21:17 +0330

Hello Luca.

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 01:09:25AM +0100, Luca Saiu wrote:

> I think Mohammad tried to make me notice a similar thing the other
> night, but I am understanding only now.

I've tried to compile poke with `arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc` compiler from
debian packages (gcc:armhf). I didn't know that it generates Thumb code.

But now I know :)

>From https://wiki.debian.org/ArmHardFloatPort:

  Supported devices
    Currently the Debian armhf port requires at least an Armv7 CPU with
    Thumb-2 and VFP3D16.

And from `arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -dumpspecs`:

  *multilib_defaults:
  mthumb mlittle-endian mfloat-abi=hard mno-thumb-interwork

(If you're on Debian, and want to test this, you can enable Multiarch
(https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO) and then `apt install gcc:armhf`)

Regards,
Mohammad-Reza