epsilon-devel

Re: [poke 2.0] sourcery-arm-thumb2 issue

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [poke 2.0] sourcery-arm-thumb2 issue
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 17:57:06 +0100

Hello Mohammad.

On 2022-01-29 at 16:03 +0330, Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor wrote:

> Interestingly enough maint/poke-2 compiles (`make dist` version) with my
> config
> (cross-compiling using gcc version 10.2.1 20210110 (Debian 10.2.1-6)), but
> applying this patch on top of poke-2.0.tar.gz (the released version) gives
> this:

I am not sure.  It might be that swi is another of those bizarre ARM
instructions accepting immediates encoded in a strange way, with some
constants that are representable and others taking the same number of
bits that are not.  Maybe I had originally chosen 256³ for that reason,
but it was long enough ago for me to forget.

I will study the ARM ISA more seriously when porting no-threading.

The current version using "swi 43" compiles in Thumb mode, but is not
usable with minimal-threading.  Non-Thumb ARM works correctly, as far as
I know.

Thanks,

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".