erw-devel

[Erw-devel] PEAR HTTP.php

From: erw-devel
Subject: [Erw-devel] PEAR HTTP.php
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:24:03 +0900

In case anyone's doing multilingual apps, you may want to know that various browsers handle their language settings differently. This causes problems with using HTTP.php's negotiateLanguage() function. Specifically, some browsers handle US English thus:
en-us, en-US, EN-US
And not all of these will work -- the function as coded (at least with my "stock" RH9 system's RPM) does a case _sensitive_ comparison (bad idea). To handle it "properly" (per RFC), you need a case insensitive comparison, as provided by the patch below. It's been reported to PEAR, but never fixed, as far as I know.

diff HTTP.php.orig HTTP.php
80a81
>        $supported = array_change_key_case($supported, CASE_LOWER);
89c90
<                    $l = $accepted[$i];
---
>                    $l = strtolower($accepted[$i]);

Larry Stanbery, RHCE            address@hidden
Network Manager                 phone: 0985-85-5931
Miyazaki International College  http://www.miyazaki-mic.ac.jp
GPG Key ID: 2CEFA662