esp-action-alert

[Esp-action-alert] Australia info sought for en.swpat.org wiki

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: [Esp-action-alert] Australia info sought for en.swpat.org wiki
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 02:30:16 +0100

Dear ESP supporters,

This week I'm looking for your help documenting the status of software
patents in Australia:
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Australia

You can help by adding information or by telling me who to contact - where
can I find large software user groups?  activist groups?  good individuals?

Examples of information to add to the wiki:

* Are there court cases which confirm that certain software ideas are or
  aren't patentable?
* Are there existing/past anti-swpat campaigns in Australia?
* Are there politicians or influential groups that have questioned swpats?
* Are there good examples of harm to Australian companies?  to competition
  in Australia?
* What good webpages, blog entries, news articles are there?

Because of New Zealand's proposed new Patents Bill, I'm also still trying to
document the status of swpats there and trying to gather information that
could be useful for anyone who might try to organise a broad campaign (in
New Zealand or anywhere):
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/New_Zealand
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Organising_a_campaign

--