esp-action-alert

[Esp-action-alert] swpat.org: India information sought for wiki

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: [Esp-action-alert] swpat.org: India information sought for wiki
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 05:52:23 +0100

Dear ESP supporter,

This week's focus for the swpat.org wiki is India:

http://en.swpat.org/wiki/India

I would be very happy to have some help to document:
* How/why the 2005 legislation was rejected
* How/why the 2008 patent manual proposal was also rejected
* Any court rulings which confirm/contest software patentability
* Indian studies about economics, innovation, or competition
* Examples of software patents that have been granted
* News articles
* Who is against software patents in India?
* Quotes from economists?  Prominent politicians?  Business leaders?

swpat.org is a public wiki, so the best way to contribute is to edit the
page(s) directly.  Alternatively, you can contact me by email with
information or with websites I should refer to.

The results of last week's focus were improvements to these
standards-related articles:
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/TLS-authz
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Multimedia_Home_Platform
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/OpenGL_3
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Harm_to_standards

I hope we can make similar progress on India this week.

Thanks.
--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan,
Executive Director, End Software Patents

ESP:    http://www.EndSoftwarePatents.org
Donate: http://endsoftpatents.org/donate