esp-action-alert

[Esp-action-alert] swpat.org: Listing ALL arguments against software pat

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: [Esp-action-alert] swpat.org: Listing ALL arguments against software patents
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 23:13:36 +0100

Dear ESP supporter,

This week I'd like help with a big task.  I'd like to make a list of *all*
the arguments against software patents.

http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Arguments

I've started the page off with a few suggestions, but I'd really like to
hear what you don't like about swpats, and I'd like to hear the arguments in
your words.  This could get messy, but that's fine.  I have wellies.

This will be useful groundwork for specific campaigns such as Bilski-II, New
Zealand's Patents Bill, and maybe India's patents manual and other current
issues.  I've start listing current issues here:

http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Current_opportunities_and_dangers

Meanwhile, I've gotten helpful input about the situation in India, and I'll
be continuing to work on that too this week:

http://en.swpat.org/wiki/India

Thanks.
--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan,
Executive Director, End Software Patents

ESP:    http://www.EndSoftwarePatents.org
Donate: http://endsoftpatents.org/donate