espressomd-users

Re: [ESPResSo-users] Installation problem

From: Shawn
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Installation problem
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:28:44 -0500

Hi Jean-Noël,
I really appreciate your help, and I also look forward to your investigation on this issue.
By the way,  currently my python version on 64-bit centos 7 is 3.6.5  but it seems like I have the same problem with python 3.7.2.
I hope these information is helpful for your investigation. Thanks very much.

Best,
Shawn

Jean-Noël Grad <address@hidden> 于2019年7月17日周三 下午1:09写道:
Hi Kai,

To follow-up on our offline disccussion about Shawn's issue, I could
only reproduce it when starting a python3.5.3 interpreter inside the
/src/python/espressomd folder. Attached is a minimum non-working example
reproducing the espressomd folder structure (bash command to get the
error message: tar xfz MNWE.tar.gz; cd espressomd; python3).

A few observations:
- reproducible with python3.5.3 on my 32bit Debian laptop but not with
64bit Debian in docker
- not reproducible with python3.5.2 and python3.6.8 on 64bit Ubuntu
- not reproducible with python2.7.13 on my 32bit Debian laptop
- Shawn has python3.6.x
- commenting out the import statement in
espressomd/io/writer/__init__.py creates a different error message that
suggests the real culprit is the "io" espressomd submodule overshadowing
the standard "io" module

Best regards,
JN