fab-user

[Fab-user] %(my_var)s or $(my_var)

From: Loic d'Anterroches
Subject: [Fab-user] %(my_var)s or $(my_var)
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 11:55:03 +0200

Hi Christian,

I am slowly starting to standardize all my deployment scripts to use fab
with a standard set of commands. That way I can do:

$ cd ~/Websites/my.website.com
$ fab prod build deploy

or simply do that in all the folders in ~/Websites to update all my
websites in one go.

It is working great, but I have a small question:
What is the difference between %(my_var)s and $(my_var) in the commands?
Do they have different way to be interpolated?

Best regards,
loïc

Note: Great idea the website, you should also link to your relevent blog
posts.

--
Pluf PHP5 Framework inspired by Django
http://www.pluf.org