fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Key-based authentication

From: Sergey Kirillov
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Key-based authentication
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:06:29 +0300

Hi Christian,

Yes, I saw that.

It works now. I had to set 'fab_password': None in order to bypass 'if 'fab_password' not in ENV:' check in _connect(). But now sudo() does not work because it tries to do 'stdin.write(env['fab_password'])' and fails there with exception.

To solve this I've updated /etc/sudoers and have listed all commands that need to be executed as passwordless. So instead of sudo() I'm using run('sudo dosomething'), and it works like a charm.

Deployment user does not have password at all, and I can give people access to deployment just by adding their SSH public keys into ~/.ssh/authorized_keys of deployment user.

Christian Vest Hansen wrote:
I haven't tried key-based authentication myself, but Fabric will relay
any fab_pkey and fab_key_filename to the SSHClient.connect method in
paramiko:

http://www.lag.net/paramiko/docs/paramiko.SSHClient-class.html#connect

Hope that helps.