fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] road to 0.1.0

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] road to 0.1.0
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 23:36:39 +0200

On 7/5/08, Loic d'Anterroches <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>

>  > 0.0.7 was released last early this week. The code has since then seen
>  > a number of improvements, giving the oppotunity to release 0.0.8 next
>  > weekend. Before then there's a number of TODO items that, if time
>  > permits, would be nice to have, such as 6, 11 and 12.
>  > Appart from that, there's always the web site, where the 'tutorial'
>  > link could become a 'documentation' link & page that then links to the
>  > tutorial, so it's easy to add more stuff later. And the 'mailing list'
>  > could likewise become 'community' with more pointeres and text.
>  >
>  > Personally, I'de like to skip 0.0.9, unless there's a regression in 0.0.8.
>  >
>  > Then comes 0.1.0. This is where I'de like fabric the module to become
>  > fabric the package, with __init__.py file and all. Even if we just
>  > start by creating a fabric directory with an __init__.py file and move
>  > fabric.py into that directory, I'de like to start splitting things out
>  > a bit. fabric.py has gotten a bit large for my taste and I'm getting
>  > tired of scrolling past that huge embedded GPL.
>  >
>  > So, that's what I'm thinking. Any thoughts or comments?
>

> I just wonder what is the prefered way for you to get patches and
>  contributions. We have git, so, is it fine if to contribute I just say,
>  take a look at my branch "contrib" in my clone somewhere?
>
>  The git workflow can be extremely flexible and I have nearly no
>  experience in using it with other people (I use it for myself only and
>  with git-svn) so maybe a little note about it would be nice.

If the change is trivial or small, then I don't mind patches on the
mailing list. But generally, I prefer git branches/repositories -
especially if they also have a nice web interface so I can take a
glance at it and decide if I want to fetch now or later. And even
better if that web interface happens to be github.