fab-user

[Fab-user] Simplified argument passed to a function?

From: Nick Sergeant
Subject: [Fab-user] Simplified argument passed to a function?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:16:37 -0500

Right now, my function is this:

def deploy(**kwargs):
...Some stuff...

I call the function like:

fab deploy:m='my subversion commit message'

However, it would be useful to simply call it like:

fab deploy:'my subversion committ message'

... if it is safe to assume I only need one argument (the commit message).

Yet, when I set the function up like this:

def deploy(m):
...Some stuff...

and call it like:

fab deploy:'my subversion commit message'

I get:

TypeError: deploy() got an unexpected keyword argument 'my subversion commit message'

Thanks!

Nick Sergeant
(315) 719-2047